Monday, July 10, 2017

3 months already?!

Yesterday we celebrated little E's 3-month birthday at Sunfest. I simply cannot believe it. She has already changed so much from that tiny little nugget we brought home. For example...

She smiles ALL THE TIME now. She is such a happy little baby, a far cry from the screaming rage machine that had us cowering in the corner for a short while. She has smiles for everyone just about any time you ask her...unless she's hungry, fighting sleep, or it's 8:30-9:30pm. One smile from her and everything is right in the world. It's magic.

She chats up a storm. Who knows what she's actually saying, but I'm quite confident that her most favourite things to say are "Elle", "Yah!" and "I love you". I'm sure "Mama" and "Excuse me, but I'm about to poop" are just around the corner.

She sleeps like a DREAM! Would you believe it if I told you that she once slept for 11 hours in a row?! True story. She can sleep reliably for about 8 hours a night, although since our trip to Ottawa she prefers to meet up for a snack around 2:30am. Don't worry, I'm not complaining.

Although she's a great sleeper, she fights going to sleep like a champ. Besides the boob, her kryptonite includes being sung to and bounced on the ball. Her favourite songs are Peace Like a River and Lost Boy.

She rolled over! Just once, about a week ago, she rolled from her back to her tummy on her playmat and then got super mad about it. She tends to roll onto her side to sleep now, which for some reason I find freaking adorable.

She has graduated from the wrap (aka the "crack wrap" because she cannot resist its slumber-inducing powers) to the Snugli, which allows her a bit more freedom to check out the world. She doesn't automatically fall asleep when we go out anymore, so she appreciates a view of more than just my chest.

She takes a bottle well, so I can leave her with dad or grandma and papa for snippets of time to go to appointments, exercise, or just to feel what it's like to be instantly 12 pounds lighter for a little while.

Big sister is arguably her favourite person in the world, and I think the feeling is mutual. Sure, there are times (like when they're stuck the back of a car together for 8 or 9 hours) when Big E would probably love to run screaming from her, but for the most part they light each other up. Now that little E is engaging with us more, Big E is really enjoying singing songs and playing games with her, and cute photo-ops abound!

As for me, I finally started exercising regularly again about a week ago and it feels great. It's a heady combination of endorphins from working out and the freedom of only having myself to take care of, and it reminds me that there is more to life than just the next nap or diaper change. J is getting busier at work and is usually pretty worn out at the end of the day, but we're doing a pretty good job of helping each other out and making time for everyone.

Gryffindor turns 1 year old this month, and he has more bad habits than good, it seems. But J keeps reminding me that he's a puppy and that he'll grow out of eating everything that fits in his mouth, chewing everything that doesn't and licking all of the above. We'll see. He's a bad dog, but he's cute.




No comments:

Post a Comment